Connect with us

Panorama

1stDibs Sees Shares Jump on Nasdaq Debut – WWD

Veröffentlicht

on


LONDON — In another major boost for the secondhand luxury market, online marketplace 1stDibs started trading on Nasdaq on Thursday and saw its shares leap 35 percent by the end of the day.

The initial public offer was priced at $20 a share for 5.75 million shares — about 20 percent of the company. Response from the market was positive straight away, with the share price ending the day at $27.

Gross interests of the offering are expected to reach $115 million, excluding underwriters’ overallotment option.

The retailer’s chief executive officer David Rosenblatt said that a flotation was the best option for the company to explore both “organic and inorganic” growth avenues, including potential partnerships with other players in the sector, and raise capital.

“We’ve been very early in the digital adoption curve of this industry and we feel like there are a lot of attractive new businesses we can continue to invest in,” said Rosenblatt, adding that offering localized services is top of the agenda.

“If you don’t speak English, it’s not possible to use 1stDibs, yet 50 percent of our sellers and 40 percent of our items are located outside the U.S. So we are very interested in localizing the consumer experience for non-English speaking customers, and investing more in marketing to those international suppliers,” he added, pointing to the marketplace’s current network of buyers and sellers from over 100 countries.

The ultimate ambition is to be present “in every market with qualified buyers,” but key European markets and Asia will take priority.

The company is ready to expand its footprint given the boost in online sales during last year’s lockdowns. In 2020, revenues jumped 16 percent, while in the first quarter of 2021 gross merchandise value was up 64 percent to $112 million.

“COVID-19 and work-from-home substantially accelerated our growth as it did for many e-commerce companies. But I think more importantly, it changed consumer behavior and trained generations of buyers, particularly older ones, on how to do everything from registering an account, to setting up passwords online, all the way through making purchases. The consumer engagement that we’ve seen from those buyers have actually been higher than engagement rates from cohorts of customers we had before work-from-home,” said Rosenblatt. “And from what we’ve seen from our last 24 years on the internet, consumer behavior never becomes less digital over time, it always increases — and we expect to benefit from that.”

1stDibs CEO David Rosenblatt 
Courtesy of 1stDibs

1stDibs is one of many marketplaces benefiting from the surge in online sales and secondhand goods alike. Ever since the start of 2021, there has been a flurry of mergers and acquisitions activity in the sector, with luxury fashion marketplace Vestiaire Collective receiving a $216 million investment from Kering and Tiger Global in January; Vinted raising 250 million euros and boosting its valuation to 3.5 billion euros, and more recently Depop, Gen Z’s favorite marketplace, being sold to Etsy for $1.6 billion.

“The more activity the better. It reflects higher consumer engagement and acceptance of the resale and so-called secondary markets for apparel as well as jewelry, decorative objects, furniture and the other categories we specialize in,” said Rosenblatt.

He added that 1stDibs has a point of differentiation as the only marketplace that dabbles in fashion, art, jewelry and furniture — with all categories seeing “healthy growth,” particularly new verticals such as contemporary furniture, jewelry and art.

This also means that the marketplace attracts a more mature audience with more money to spend — average order values are $2,500, roughly 10 times higher than those of competitors.

“There’s some verticals that we entered over the last years, such as contemporary apparel and jewelry, which have broadened our appeal to younger audiences. Our average order value may seem high to a younger audience, but we offer a very wide assortment and as we view it, luxury doesn’t equate to prices that are necessarily always very high in an absolute sense. Luxury really means premium price for premium quality, but there are plenty of premium quality items that cost $500 and are accessible to wider audiences.”

The company plans to invest part of the capital in new marketing channels, in particular video, to further connect with customers around the world.

As part of the deal, existing private investors will be exiting the company’s board, apart from Benchmark Capital, its earliest and lead investor, which plans to stay on board for an extended period.





Quelle

Weiterlesen
Partner
Klicken Sie hier, um einen Kommentar abzugeben

Hinterlasse eine Antwort

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.

Panorama

Marc Jacobs Sets Fall 2021 Live Runway Show Return – WWD

Veröffentlicht

on


After a two-season hiatus from the runway, Marc Jacobs will return with a live event June 28 in New York City.

That’s all that has been confirmed so far by the brand; further details will be released in the coming weeks.

When Jacobs did not design a runway collection in September 2020 or February 2021, the industry wondered if it was a sign of distress for a company that’s had several challenging years, with high-profile exits of executives and designers, and a reduction of store count by nearly half from an all-time high of more than 250 worldwide.

But buoyed by the 2020 success of Marc Jacobs Perfect, Coty Inc.’s biggest fragrance launch in 15 years, the LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton-owned brand began plotting a return to growth — and the runway — earlier this year, starting with a new retail concept for its streetwear line Heaven.

A Heaven pop-up store opened in Los Angeles in April, featuring the brand’s cheerfully subversive mix of clothing and lifestyle products steeped in grunge, anime, rave culture and Marc’s own ’90s fashion history, now being discovered by a new generation of fans.

“We are concentrating our focus on U.S. retail this year. Every month, we will be opening a new store, and each time the format will be adapted to the local customer,” chief executive officer Eric Marechalle told WWD at the time. He joined from Kenzo in 2017, noting the new stores, adding to 130 globally, will be mixes of runway, Heaven, The Marc Jacobs line and off-price outlets.

“Marc will be giving his vision every season; that’s something we will restart soon,” said Marechalle, who in 2020 managed to guide the brand to profitability for the first time in five years.

“I feel very secure with Eric. I think he’s doing an incredible job,” said Jacobs. “The changes we’ve made, with online, with creating more accessibility, and from a financial sense, are setting us up to be able to do runway,” the designer added, sharing that his new runway collection will incorporate learnings from the brand’s new digital savvy and swing to more accessible product.

Showing the collection in June skews him more toward a see now, buy now model, which is being embraced by many brands as the shifting retail framework puts more of an emphasis on direct, in-season sales.





Quelle

Weiterlesen

Panorama

Nach Rassismusvorwürfen: Nordmazedonischer Verband fordert Strafe für Arnautovic

Veröffentlicht

on




Nach Rassismusvorwürfen

Nordmazedonischer Verband fordert Strafe für Arnautovic

Nach seinem Ausraster im Spiel gegen Österreich fordert der Fußball-Verband von Nordmazedonien nun Konsequenzen für Marko Arnautovic und verlangt von der UEFA die „schärfste Strafe“ für den österreichischen Nationalspieler. Arnautovic selbst weist Rassismusvorwürfe indes weiter zurück.

Der Fußball-Verband von Nordmazedonien hat eine Bestrafung des Österreichers Marko Arnautovic nach dessen Torjubel beim 3:1-Sieg im EM-Vorrundenspiel am Sonntag verlangt. Arnautovic hatte zuvor Kritik an seinem emotionalen Torjubel zurückgewiesen.

Der frühere Bremer soll nach seinem entscheidenden Tor den mazedonischen Spieler Ezgjan Alioski beleidigt und dabei auch rassistische Äußerungen getätigt haben. „Ich bin kein Rassist und werde niemals einer sein“, betonte Arnautovic nach der Rückkehr ins Teamquartier im österreichischen Seefeld.

Der nordmazedonische Verband teilte dagegen am Montagabend auf seiner Facebook-Seite mit, er habe ein offizielles Schreiben an die Europäische Fußball-Union UEFA gerichtet, „in dem wir die schärfste Strafe für den österreichischen Nationalspieler“ fordern. Man sei immer „gegen Nationalismus, Diskriminierung und alle anderen Formen von Beleidigungen und Ausbrüchen, die nicht im Sinne des Fußballs und der Werte stehen, für die wir alle zusammenstehen“. Man werde immer aufstehen und die Interessen und Würde der mazedonischen Nationalspieler verteidigen, wo immer sie auftreten würden.

Arnautovic sprach dagegen von einem „Wortgefecht in den Emotionen, von der einen wie von der anderen Seite“. Politik oder Rassismus hätten dabei aber definitiv keine Rolle gespielt. „Meine Freunde, die zu meiner Familie herangewachsen sind, sind von überall auf der Welt“, sagte Arnautovic, der für seine Emotionalität bekannt ist.

Serbische und kroatische Medien berichteten nach dem Spiel, dass man an Arnautovic‘ Lippen deutlich erkennen könne, dass er gerufen habe: „Ich f***e deine Shiptar-Mutter“. Auch in den sozialen Medien wollen Nutzer die Beschimpfungen erkannt haben. Die Spieler Nordmazedoniens oder die UEFA bestätigten dies bisher nicht. Auf Serbisch wird „Shiptar“ als eine abwertende rassistische Beleidigung für Albaner gebraucht.

Arnautovic ist in Wien geboren und aufgewachsen, aber seine Familie stammt aus Serbien und viele Verwandte wohnen dort. Wie er selbst einmal sagte: „In mir steckt ein Serbe.“ Seine mutmaßlichen Beleidigungen im Anschluss an das Tor richteten sich wohl speziell gegen Ezgjan Alioski, der für Leeds United spielt und eine albanische Herkunft hat. Beide Spieler hatten sich während der Partie vorher in einer Art Privatduell schon mehrfach beharkt. Im Anschluss an die Partie unterhielten sich Arnautovic und Alioski auf dem Feld in Ruhe.



Quelle

Weiterlesen

Panorama

Oliver Kahn startet mit 52 in eine neue Karriere

Veröffentlicht

on



«Weiter! Immer weiter!». So lautet das Motto von Oliver Kahn. Der Ex-Fußballprofi, in seiner aktiven Zeit über viele Jahre ein Weltklasse-Torwart, ist für seinen Ehrgeiz bekannt. Jetzt steht der Kämpfer mit Studienabschluss im Managementbereich vor einer besonderen Herausforderung

Am 1. Juli wird Oliver Kahn neuer Vorstandsvorsitzender beim deutschen Rekordmeister FC Bayern München. Der Wechsel an der Spitze fällt in eine besondere Zeit: Es gibt einen Trainerwechsel bei den Bayern: Hansi Flick, Triple-Gewinner im letzten Jahr, wird neuer deutschen Nationaltrainer. Sein vergleichsweise junger Nachfolger Julian Nagelsmann gilt als Riesentalent, hat aber noch keinen Titel gewonnen.

Es könnten also spannende Zeiten werden für Kahn, der ganz genau weiß, dass die Erwartungshaltung beim FC Bayern gar nicht hoch genug angesetzt werden kann. An diesem Dienstag feiert der gebürtige Karlsruher Oliver Kahn seinen 52. Geburtstag.

Startseite



Quelle

Weiterlesen

Trending

We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies.
Accept